Intrinsically Safe Weighing Scales
Featuring a compact and lightweight design and an easy-to-read LCD screen, these EK-EP Intrinsically Safe Weighing Scales are IECEx compliant, providing an effective weighing solution for a range of applications, including hazardous area weighing.
Highly portable, this IECEx scale can easily be taken on the go, making it a popular choice among the many IECEx weighing systems available. And because it’s an intrinsically safe weighing scale, you can trust that the top pan balance will provide precise weight measurement even in potentially explosive or hazardous environments and workplaces.
Click here to view our IECEx Certificate of Conformity
Features of the EK-EP Intrinsically Safe Weighing Scale include:
- Compact and lightweight design while maintaining excellent explosion protection
- IECEx and ATEX weighing compliancy
- Duracell Battery operation*1 (approx. 250 hours) for high portability, requiring no power supply from a safe area via a safety barrier
- Auto power OFF function to save battery power
- Easy-to-read LCD display with backlight (16 mm character height)
- Hygienic and chemical resistant stainless steel (SUS304) weighing pan
- Multiple weighing units: g, oz, lb, ozt, ct, mom, dwt, gr, N, in addition to pcs (counting mode), % (percent mode) and SG (specific gravity)*2
- Comparator function for faster and more accurate filling, packing, sorting, etc.
- Adjustable response characteristics depending on the degree of drafts and vibrations at the location
- Security ring for wire-locking the balance to prevent theft
Intrinsically Safe Scale Additional InformationThe counting mode lets the user count a number of small pieces of the same mass value quickly, effortlessly and precisely. Further, the Automatic Counting Accuracy Improvement (ACAI) function recalculates the average unit weight each time a sample is added to minimize counting errors caused by variations in unit weight. In percent mode, the weight value can be displayed as a percentage of a reference mass, which is useful for target weighing or checking the sample variation. The comparator function makes it faster and more accurate to compare weight (or pcs or %) values by setting upper/lower limit values to display HI, OK or LO indicators. It can reduce such errors as overfilling in packing applications, etc.
Additionally, it is easy to switch between 12 units of measure: gram, ounce, pound, troy ounce, metric carat, momme, pennyweight, grain, Newton, pcs (counting mode), and % (percent mode), in addition to specific gravity. Either tael or tola can be added upon request.
The clearly-visible, LCD display (16 mm character height) has the aid of a backlight, which makes the weighing results easy to read even in a dimly-lit area.
Three models of different capacities and readabilities are available for the EK-EP series; namely, EK-300EP (300 g × 0.01 g), EK-3000EP (3000 g × 0.1 g) and EK-12KEP (12 kg × 1 g). They all come standard with a hygienic and chemically resistant stainless steel (SUS304) weighing pan.
The electrical apparatus and any acceptable variations to it specified in the schedule of this certificate and the identified documents, was found to comply with the following standards:
IEC 60079-0: 2011 Explosive atmospheres – Part 0: General requirements (Edition: 6.0)
IEC 60079-11: 2011 Explosive atmospheres – Part 11: Equipment protection by intrinsic safety “i” (Edition: 6.0)
(This Certificate does not indicate compliance with electrical safety and performance requirements other than those expressly included in the Standards listed above.)