Position Available: Measurement Technician Traineeship (Victoria)
A&D Australasia, one of Australia’s leading measurement companies, are offering traineeships as a pathway to becoming a fully qualified Measurement Technician.
A&D Australasia has three (3) principal business units:
- Medical Products that are used in both the home consumer and professional healthcare industries.
- Weighing Products that are used within all sectors of industry, with key fields being Laboratory, Primary Industry, Industrial locations and the Food Preparation and Distribution area
- Product Inspection Equipment that involves in-motion processing and weighing of conveyor based material, metal detection of product contaminants, and X-Ray systems for product review and detection.
The traineeship will provide tuition and training to secure competencies in the following areas:
- Electronic Fault Finding & Repairs
- Scheduled Field Servicing.
- General Equipment Repairs
- Medical Product Testing & Reporting
- Calibration and Adjustment of numerous products.
- Installation and commissioning of equipment, including weighing equipment, check-weighing, metal detectors & x-ray inspection equipment.
- Testing & Validation Techniques.
- Data Aquisition Systems, with computer networking
- The obtaining of accreditation by key agencies, such as the National Measurement Institute.
- Customer Service Disciplines.
The successful applicant would be based in our office located in Thomastown, a suburb of Melbourne.
We ask that the successful applicant possesses the following key attributes:
- A current Drivers License
- The ability to commence & maintain work within Australia.
- A good commitment to timeliness
- An understanding of the concept of customer service.
- A sensible attitude towards WH&S.
- Good physical health, as some manual processes will apply
- A strong work ethic and desire to achieve/succeed.
- Ability to work closely with others, and enjoy working as part of a highly cohesive team
This is a opportunity to join a company that is progressive, and has a strong presence in the industry.
We seek people who wish to train in a highly diverse, unique industry that offers great variety in the types of work undertaken.
The pathway of this traineeship is that of a fully accredited Measurement Technician, who is Nationally & Internationally recognised, for their expertise in this highly critical field.
If you meet the above criteria, we would be delighted to receive your application and speak further with you about an exciting career ahead.
Please send your expressions of interest, including resume to the A&D Service Manager, Matthew Warne, at [email protected]
Your application should also include your responses to the following Employer questions:
- Do you have technical support experience?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Have you worked in a role which requires fault finding experience?
- Are you licenced to drive a manual vehicle?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a service technician?