EK-i Series Precision Balances
A range of high accuracy, portable top pan balances. Accuracies range from 0.01g to 1g and capacities from 400g to 12kg. This balance has been Trade Approved by NMI Australia.
PLEASE NOTE The Trade Approval capacities and resolutions table is at the bottom of this page.
Product Brochure & Manual
- Trade Approved Balance
- Three years warranty
- Advanced, reliable, accurate weighing
- Portable balance with capacities to 12kg
- Large back lit LCD display with wide viewing angle
- Standard RS232C data interface
- Overload protected to take hard use
- 9 built in weighing units plus counting and percentage software
- Standard comparator function with LO/GO/HI indication
- Full digital calibration with user definable calibration mass
- Conforms with GLP standards
- Stainless steel weighing pan
- Optional rechargeable battery pack
- Optional under hook weighing for 6000g and 12kg models
- Leveling feet and level bubble for accurate weighing
TRADE APPROVED BALANCE VERIFICATION
When a balance receives a certificate of approval from NSC/NMI it will be approved under a certain class of accuracy which determines the parameters that the machine needs to meet when submitted for trade stamping.
One of the key parameters that will apply is the verification interval which is the minimum increment that the balance can be approved to. Given the high number of divisions displayed by a balance the verification interval for trade will always differ from the best increment of the balance. An example would be in the case of the GX-2000 where the balance can be read to 0.01 g but the verification interval when the machine is stamped for trade is 0.1 g.
Most of the balances will still display the non significant digit, normally highlighted by a bracket or similar, but some balances such as the Class III EK-i will drop the last digit completely, while the EW-150i drops an entire range. It is important to remember that the verification digit is the one to which the balance is certified, to make things clearer we have listed the trade approved balances below complete with their approval accuracy class and verification digit.