ISO 9001 is an international standard that sets the requirements for a quality management system. These standards are applied to a wide range of businesses and sectors worldwide to help them be more efficient, reduce risk, and improve quality.
Like many other sectors, the manufacturing sector in Australia is seeing processes becoming more automated and streamlined, and it is more important than ever for the industry to work towards the highest standards possible in terms of efficiency and quality.
Benefits of ISO 9001 for manufacturers
Having an ISO 9001 certification means you have a reliable management process in place. This allows manufacturers to show their value to the market, especially when up against bigger, foreign competitors.
The ISO 9001:2015 also helps manufacturing organisations to consistently control product quality and deliver customer satisfaction, by requiring:
- A defined process that can be constantly reviewed and improved
- A set of standards to measure quality of product or service against
- Performance and quality evaluation, including audit, measurement, and feedback from customers
- The necessary resource and knowledgeable staff / personnel
- Nonconformity and corrective action processes to ensure problems are fixed and not repeated
ISO 9001 is important in food manufacturing, processing and handling as well as any food-related industries, as it provides risk-based control measures and standardisation, allowing organisations to monitor irregularities and adhere to food safety standards.
Besides that, ISO 9001 is also very beneficial for various industries including construction, technology, hospitality, health, and education.
By implementing a quality management system and having an ISO 9001 certification, an organisation can enjoy several benefits, including:
- Business objectives can be clearly stated
- Work processes are better aligned and understood by all involved
- Ensure the necessary statutory and regulatory requirements are met
- Identify and address the risks (including safety) present in the organisation
- Improve customer experience and sales
- Increase productivity and efficiency
At A&D Weighing, we pride ourselves on delivering quality, precision and reliability. We operate a Quality Management System that complies with ISO 9001:2015, and you can view our ISO certification here.