A&D Australasia’s Inspection Systems Division was recently approached by Reynolds Group Ltd, one of New Zealand’s leading suppliers of complete end-of-line solutions for the manufacturing sector. Reynolds Group has an enviable reputation for delivering world-class industrial technology with complete, turn-key systems, so they expected nothing short of a premium solution.
The primary objectives were clear:
- Supply an end-of-line weighing system that can weigh 10kg of whole capsicums packed in reusable plastic crates or cardboard boxes.
- Intelligent storage of product information with easy extraction for quality assurance.
- The checkweigher needs to easily integrate with existing established lines and equipment.
- System design needs to be robust with food grade stainless steel (easy to clean and maintain).
- System controls including the large colour touch screen interface needs to be user-friendly.
Using A&D Japan’s popular touch screen intelligent checkweighing controller, the A&D Australasia design team went to work to produce a high capacity checkweigher. The complete system – which consists of an infeed conveyor, weighing conveyor, control unit, and a push ram rejecter, has a throughput of over 30 pieces per minute with +/- 0.02kg accuracy.
This large capacity checkweigher was built, tested, inspected, delivered and training completed within budget and time-frame.
The benefits of this inspection system are significant:
- Real time monitoring of product weight deviations, and efficient weighing technology significantly increases the speed and precision of the entire production.
- Improves QA & QC reporting – able to record and store the weight of every product.
- Audio guidance support via the user-friendly touchscreen interface facilitates smooth production runs.
- Moderates overfilling and wastage to improve profit margins and reduce giveaways.
- Outstanding value for money and peace of mind.
This is an example of A&D Australasia continuing to provide high-quality inspection solutions to industries in Australia and New Zealand. Contact us to find out how we can help you with your requirements.